Emergency and fire safety professional with over 20 years of experience, ready to apply well-rounded skills including customer service, problem solving, and strategic planning to a Chief Executive position in municipal government.
1996 - present CITY OF FORT LAUDERDALE FIRE RESCUE, Fort Lauderdale, FL
1/19 - present Division Chief - Emergency Management, Homeland Security/Domestic Preparedness
7/14 - 1/19 Battalion Chief/Assistant Fire Marshal
• Recommend policy and procedure changes based on:
o Researching new equipment/techniques in rescue first aid and firefighting operations
o Researching code enforcement and building code issues
o Estimating inspection fees, maintaining records and preparing/submitting reports of revenue
• Manage and supervise 14 employees
• Awarded and managed over $9.9 million in grants
o Recent $1.2 million grant award from U.S. Department of Homeland Security/Port Security
• Coordinate firefighting activities of battalion fire companies
• Enter fire scene during fires to coordinate and supervise firefighting activities
• Train personnel in use of firefighting equipment
• Head investigation of causes of incendiary arson cases
• Determine cause of fire and appraise amount of fire loss
10/11 – 7/14 Battalion Chief/Emergency Manager
• Liaison on emergency preparedness issues with the county, state, federal and local agencies.
• Directed activities and personnel within the division.
• Actively participated in daily meetings and conference calls.
• Stayed up-to-date with state, federal and local disaster updates.