Astute, loyal leader with over 20 years of successful professional experience in the Emergency and Fire Safety Industry. Demonstrated ability to immediately establish rapport and provide exemplary interpersonal, organizational and analytical proficiency. Proven ability to make an immediate, positive impact in diverse organizations including municipal government, non-profit organizations and the private sector.
Areas of Expertise
* Emergency Protection & Response
* Preparedness & Security Initiatives
* Public Administration & Leadership
* Grant Writing & Authorship
* Training & Development
Leadership & Collaboration
• Qualified Fire Service Executive Development Institute program participant
• Primary point of contact for the Urban Area Security Initiative (UASI) grants and Metropolitan Medical Response
• Received Chief Fire Officer Re-Designation from Commission of Professional Credentialing – July 2014
• Received Certified Emergency Manager Certification from International Association of Emergency Managers – September 2014
• Presentation at 2015 FRE – Weird Weather and the Fire Service
Research & Development
• Received the Outstanding Research Award from the Federal Emergency Management Agency and USFA for authoring Drowning…The Silent Killer of Children, an Executive Fire Officer Program initiative.
• Presented at Fire Rescue East (FRE) on the topic of Climate Adaptation and the Fire Service (Weird Weather)
• Researcher, blogger and author for Fire Chief Magazine.
• Peer reviewer for the Assistance to Firefighters Grants (AFG)
• Authored numerous articles for Florida Fire Service [Florida Fire Chiefs monthly publication]
• Research, Author, and Manage Grants for the City of Fort Lauderdale’s Urban Area Security Initiative (UASI), Metropolitan Medical Response System (MMRS), State Homeland Security Grants, FEMA AFG’s [SCBAs, LifePak® 15’s, Marine Firefighting], and Emergency Medical Services County and State grants.